Saturday 1 May 2010

To Canada

I haven't been that regular a contributor...  and, I'm afraid, I'm likely to be even worse for the next three months (until August) as I've just got my Australian Permanent Resident status.  Paradoxically, it means that I'm free to leave!  I'm heading back to Guelph (Ontario, Canada) to hang with family & friends...   and try to finish my work at Woodlawn where I'm completed 4700 of the ~5400 monuments requiring maintenance or repair.  I'll be updating my Historic Monument Care website while there....  If your interested, there are also photo galleries of landscape, art, & nature shots taken at Woodlawn: with a photo for each month over a number of years.  I'm pretty happy with some of the pics...  and there's certainly a wide range...  and very different vistas from anything that we see at Rookwood!

Addendum July 2010:
Here's some photos I've taken this summer...  highlighting the different fauna...
Groundhog (cute varmit)
Massive wasp with 100mm long needle...  they were pumping something in...  or out...  of tiny holes they were boring in an old dead sugar maple tree.
Cicada emerging from its old skin...



No comments:

Post a Comment