Monday 9 August 2010

Back At It... Soon!

Well, I'm back in the land of sandstone...  but not yet at work as I have so much to do:
*  get over the 25 hour flight
*  get used to day and night being reversed
*  get used to the extreme cold! (Nobody in Canada actually beleives or understands how cold winter can be in Sydney.  Living in insulated houses with central heating...  well, it's way warmer in winter even if it's -20C outside...  it never below 18C inside.  As an ex-Canadian, I can attest to it:  Canadians are wimps about being cold inside.  Outside, all rugged up with there technical gear of toques, scarves, and polar gloves & coats...  it's a different story...)

I had to say goodbye to my -100C boots! 

me with my -100C boots



DAKOTA PROPAQ COMPOSITE  -100C























*  there's also days of official paperwork to do...   which, somehow, paralyzes me much more than any work challenge.  Digging a foundation or grave in a tight location, drilling for a tricky hidden pin repair...   they're nothing compared with trying to work out how to fill in FORM 169 Application for a CERS Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status...  I think I've filled in over 200 pages of official paperwork for Canada and Australia in the past 5 years...  and I've struggled!

No comments:

Post a Comment